Open Pokemon GO GO GO!
About this project
Does Pokemon GO affect YOUR activity? What about others?
Let's build data insights and visualizations by pooling our data together!
"Open Pokemon GO GO GO" is a data sharing project: we want to collectively create a data set about Pokemon GO. Then we're going to share it – unidentified public data that everyone can explore and visualize!
This is NOT a formal research study. (No ethics board has reviewed this.) This document describes how we plan to work with you and your data.
Can you contribute?
If either of the following is true, you're a great candidate for activity data sharing...
- You have an iPhone – all iPhones have activity data collected. (You can see it in your Health app.)
- You have a Fitbit – Fitbit data is great. We access steps, sleep, heartrate, and activity level.
How to contribute
- Authorize this project on Open Humans
- Fill out our survey (2-3 minutes)
- Make sure your data is connected to Open Humans!
In the survey, we'll ask if you want to contribute to potential weekly follow-up responses. This is optional, you'll be able to opt out later as well.
About the coordinators
A lot of people helped us design this project, but access to data is limited to the project coordinators. These coordinators are currently Madeleine Ball, Hyatt Moore, and Ernesto Ramirez. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we'll do
Through Open Humans, the project coordinators will be able to access your entire HealthKit and/or Fitbit data. We will process this data to extract the following subset, which will be released in a public data set along with your survey responses.
- Daily summary data (if available)
- Step totals
- Time spent at different heart rate ranges
- Time spent at different activity levels (from fitbit; sedentary, light, moderate, vigorous)
- Sleep duration and sleep quality
- Floors climbed
- Distance moved
- Estimated energy expenditure
- [Optional] Minute-level equivalents of the above data (if available, and if you wish to share it)
The time period of the data will be from May 1 2016 to Sept 30 2016.
Our project coordinators will also have permission to send you messages through Open Humans (you'll receive these messages as emails).
This might occur if...
- you forget to connect a data source
- you're contributing to weekly follow-up surveys
- we want to share a project update
We plan to share individual level data "anonymously" (where individuals each have random IDs).
We think it should be difficult to identify individuals – and we think the data is generally harmless – but it might be possible for someone to identify your data. (For example, if you have particularly unique answers for the survey questions.)
Only participate and share if you're OK with this!
Quitting this project
Through Open Humans you can quit this project at any time, deauthorizing access to your data and revoking permission to send you messages.)
Could anyone make a project like this?
Want to run projects like this? You can! This was set up as a project on Open Humans. Others are welcome to create similar studies and projects! Read more here: https://www.openhumans.org/direct-sharing/overview/